Simple Ways to Save More
On average, families spend $1,900 a year on utility bills. Much of the money is wasted on inefficiencies. Save hundreds of dollars (and make your home more comfortable) by following low-cost & no-cost steps:
1. Install programmable thermostats;
2. Replace conventional lighting with compact fluorescent bulbs;
3. Caulk & weatherstrip doors/windows;
4. Turn off computers & monitors when not in use;
5. Use power strips for electronics (turning strips off when equipment isn’t in use);
6. Lower hot water heater thermostat to 120°F;
7. Take short showers instead of baths;
8. Wash only full loads of dishes & clothes;
9. Replace or clean furnace filters monthly;
10. Purchase ENERGY STAR rated appliances & products.
For more energy-saving ideas, check out, greenmadesimple.com, and energystar.gov.